Nike release Vapor Fly in 2016 as super game improvement iron and become best selling nike golf club.
Nike design the Vapor Fly Iron with a modern muscle technology, lightweight RZN materials and flexible nexcor face to get maximum distance and forgiveness.
if you are a mid – high handicapper this iron would be perfect for you
Nike Vapor Fly irons Specs:
- TRUE TEMPER ZT 58 SHAFT: Ultra light steel featuring Zip Tip technology for effortless club head speed.
- Grip: Golf Pride Blue/Volt Z-Grip
- Great distance;
- great forgiveness
- classy looks
Nike Vapor Fly irons review
- Modern Muscle technology to optimize stability, energy transfer and feel for consistent performance and shotmaking.
- Lightweight RZN material enables more mass to be distributed lower and deeper for higher ball flight.
- flexible Nexcor face supported by a stiffened, Flybeam-reinforced chassis delivers increased ball speed, with less penalizing mishits for longer, more consistent shots across the entire face.
- Hollow RZN cavity long irons (4, 5, 6, 7) feature a metalwood-style construction with FlyBeam reinforcement for superior distance and forgiveness.
- RZN pocket mid irons (8, 9, P) to combine stability with refined feel.
- RZN cavity short irons (A, S) to enable shot-making creativity.
these game-improvement irons get full marks. The dark finish contrasts superbly with the volt green swoosh on the back of the club, and it boasts an uncluttered, minimalist feel. The “Vapor Fly” stamped on the neck of the iron is an appealing added detail.
Nike did a good job making the Vapor Fly irons stay consistent with the branding of this season’s Fly line.
Sound & Feel
RZN pocket on Nike Vapor Fly irons make a direct impact on the sound and feel of the club. The sound in the longer irons is very metallic and is not a traditional iron sound,
The shorter irons give you a little bit more slingshot snap at impact and lose a good amount of that metallic sound.
The consistent sound characteristic is that they sound very explosive, like the ball is really popping off the face, even on mishits.
The feel very much matches the characteristics of sound. The longer irons feel a bit hollow and very forgiving.
The shorter irons have a bit more response in them and similar forgiveness
The forgiveness of Nike Vapor Fly irons is really impressive.
The longer irons easy to get off the ground, and were impressed by how much help was on offer on off-center hits, particularly when hit from the toe.
On the shorter irons, Nike utilizes proprietary RZN material to redistribute weight, which will gave you a more penetrating ball flight and importantly more control over the shots. With short iron it will be easier to controlling the distances.
To get maximum control and workability you can use the gap and sand wedge.
In terms of distance, Nike Vapor Fly irons generate added firepower against last year’s generation. The lightweight RZN material moves mass lower in the irons, promoting a high launch, and our shots were traveling a little further in the air.
Modern Muscle technology balances the center of gravity in the sweet spot, and when hit out of this area, we were getting impressive distances, especially from the longer irons.
The Nike Vapor Fly irons really are a very good option to consider if you’re the Mid to high handicappers, natural low hitters and fans of the Nike brand that look for a best driver in distance and forgiveness.
The different designs for long, mid and short irons produces an iron tailored to the job in hand. Length from the long irons, with sufficient control from the shorter irons.
The tools are there to hit long bombs when you make a good swing, but for the times you don’t, the Nike Vapor Fly irons have what it takes to minimize the damage and keep you in play.